Celery is a common vegetable that can be overlooked for its incredible healing properties. The seeds, leaves, and edible root is best eaten raw and let's not forget about its juice. The seeds are rich in iron, vitamin A, B and C. Let's take a look at how celery can bring healing to your body.
- Celery helps to reduce high blood pressure.
- Purifires the blood.
- Celery seeds have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stimulates the thyroid and pituitary glands.
- Digestive, reducing spasm in the muscle of the intestinal tract and acting as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Removes urice acid in those with gout problems.
- Mild diuretic action.
How to Use Celery as a Healing Food
- Eat the seeds to treat arthritis pain and to relieve muscle spasms naturally.
- Take the celery stalk and grate it. Apply to reduce swollen glands.
- Eating whole celery is known to lower blood pressure and tones the liver.
- Drinking celery juice or an infusion of celery seeds may be drunk to reduce sciatica pain.
- Drinking celery juice before meals will help to suppress the appetite.
Don't overlook all the parts of celery as each area can help target specific areas of your body and produce the healing response you desire.