Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) is a water-soluble vitamin and a member of the B-complex family. It is needed for the health of your nervous and immune systems.
Evidence shows that vitamin B5 can lower cholesterol and protect against heart disease. It is useful in reducing the effects of stress on the body and is needed to convert choline into acetylcholine for better memory.
- Encourages the healing of wounds
- Reduces stress levels
- Helps in the production of bodily energy
- Controls the metabolism of fat
- Prevents fatigue
- Encourages functioning of the immune system
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- May prevent arthritis and treat it
- May prevent hair loss and the graying of hair
Your best food sources of Vitamin B5 are nutritional yeast, meats, eggs, brown rice, whole grains and molasses.
500mg per day. 1000mg per day can be taken in divided doses.