Why not you ask? The simple reason is because soy is a phytoestrogen and it contains enzyme inhibitors that lead to many nutritional deficiencies. Long term use of soy in the form of soy milk, soy protein, tofu and non-fermented varieties will lead to problems.
Here is list of problems that soy will eventually cause:
- Reduces the formation of the intrinsic factor in the gut which is responsible for manufacturing B12. This will lead to pernicious anemia.
- Causes Vitamin D3 deficiency. Vitamin D3 is responsible for bone health, colon health and is a powerful antioxidant. A lack of Vitamin D3 can lead to depression.
- Soy blocks minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium to name a few. We all need these for a variety of health reason from our bone, nerves, immune and tissue healing.
- Soy blocks thyroid hormones. Reduces thyroid hormones will lead an underactivity of the thyroid and medication will not work to correct if you continue ingesting soy products. Soy can block the medication from working properly.
- Soy baby formula is NO-NO! Studies show it can lead to early puberty and wreck havoc on a child's developing hormonal system. It has bee shown to cause ADD or ADHD by preventing dendrite growth in the brain as well as a possible cause in childhood obesity. This is because estrogen fattens animals and humans up so avoid this food.
- Are you scared yet? All is not lost and all of these things can simply be corrected by stopping the use of soy and adding back the lost nutrients. If long use of soy has lead to thyroid problems, then you need to call my office. We have work to do!
So what are the natural alternatives to add to your coffee? Try almond milk, hemp milk, oat milk or just plain organic milk. Anything can be healthier than soy! Personally, I like mine black.