Manganese is an essential trace element that is needed for brain health and your nervous system. Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and Meniere's Syndrome have been linked to a deficiency of manganese. The deficiency of this trace mineral is directly related to a poor diet consisting of heavily processed foods.
Manganese is considered an antioxidant trace mineral with more studies needing to be done to fully understand its role in human health.
Properties and Uses
- Maintains a healthy nervous system
- Necessary for female sex hormones
- Maybe helpful in improving erections in men
- Needed for bone health
- Helps to form thyroxine in the thyroid gland
- Necessary for healthy brain function
- Helpful in Schizophernia
- Known to reverse Meneire's Syndrome (severe vertigo)
- Improves the metabolism of glucose and recommended to be taken with chromium
- Green leafy vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grains